Sunshine blogger award
Like many new bloggers I often wonder if anyone is reading my stuff – yes, I get the stats (which can sometimes make depressing reading) but even if people are clicking on my posts I don’t always know if they are reading my finely crafted (?!) words. Blogging can be a bit lonely when you start out which is why I was so happy to be nominated for this.
Rhymingwithwine kindly nominated me and it meant more than I thought it would – so thank you!! It looks great fun so here we go….
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a way for bloggers to get to know each other and also get other bloggers to link to their website.
To accept the Sunshine Award, I have to:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger with a link to the website.
- Share 11 random facts about myself by answering the questions the nominating blogger has created for me.
- List 11 bloggers I believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love! (I can’t nominate the blogger who nominated me.)
- Let the 11 bloggers know I nominated them.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers I nominate to answer.
Here are the questions I was sent:
- What’s the most useless thing you have bought just because it was on offer?
Like most mums I do most of my shopping on-line. We needed somewhere for our growing collection of coats so when I saw a decorative coat stand on a bargain website I thought I’d found the answer. It was the top of a traditional coat stand but it fixed to the wall rather than standing on the floor. When it arrived it was huge, didn’t really fit the space in our hall and didn’t have enough space for all our coats. One online purchase that went straight to charity!
- What’s the first thing that you do when you get a second to yourself?
Check my twitter and Facebook feeds – a sad reflection on modern life but a great connection to the ‘real world’ if I am stuck in mummysville
- If you could give your teenage self one piece of advice what would it be?
Stop worrying – you will get married to a lovely guy and you will have kids. Your life plan of having it all sorted by 30 may be about ten years out but it WILL happen!
- What book have you never read, but feel that you really ought to have?
Ulysses – as an English graduated and avid reader it’s one that is always calling me but I just can’t face it. I have this rule that once I start a book I have to finish it and that one is just too scary!
- What childish thing still makes you laugh even though you are now a grown up?
When someone starts giggling when they shouldn’t – it’s infectious and I am the world’s worst at corpsing at the wrong moment
- What saying or proverb really makes you cringe?
“If at first you don’t succeed…” – but what if you have no patience, little time and you’ve had no sleep? Sometimes it’s perfectly OK to give up
- Which household object or product annoys you the most?
The remote control (or should that be controls) – never where I left them, usually running low on batteries and often covered in jam
- How many times is it appropriate to say pardon to someone when you can’t hear what they are saying?
Twice – then just go for the smile and nod or the quizzical ‘is that a fact?’ face and hope for the best.
- Which is your all time favourite naff film? (you know – one that is so terrible that you just love it but wouldn’t usually admit to it).
BIG – a great film with some classic comic moments although the concept of a grown woman being attracted to a teenage boy (even if he looks like Tom Hanks) s a little bit suspect these days!
- What would be your superhero name?
Gin-woman – always there in a crisis with a G&T in hand
- What was your childhood talent and can you still do it?
I used to write poetry – something I haven’t attempted for 30 years but my three year old has just discovered rhyming words and is fascinated by them so maybe he’ll take over the mantel!
Now my 11 questions:
- Where in the world would you most like to visit and why?
- What’s number one on your bucket list?
- What’s your guilty pleasure song?
- Last meal – what would you pick?
- Which reality/Saturday night trash show is your favourite?
- If you won the Lottery what’s the first thing you’d buy?
- What’s the first name of the person you’d ring in a crisis?
- What item of clothing have you owned for the longest but just can’t throw away?
- What was the name of your first pet?
- How often do you check your work email when you are on holiday?
- Red wine or fizz?
My nominations for the sunshine award go to:-
I’ve really enjoyed doing this and hope it’s opened up a few bloggers to a few new sites! xxx